How to Play 2 Card Poker?
Table of content:
- Some standard pointers for 2 card poker
- How is 2 card poker played?
- Hand rankings for 2 card poker
- Ascertaining the winner in 2 card poker
- Bonus wager
- To sum it up!
“Poker is a game that takes a minute to learn but a lifetime to master.”
True to this statement, 2 card poker is a fast action table game of strategy that tests one’s agility, cunningness and quick thinking. Let’s quickly check out one of the most basic versions of poker, a Two-card Poker, so that you can make this weekend a little more exciting with a quick game of poker at home!
First off, the name, 2 card poker is a misnomer, as the players are dealt with four and not two cards. It has been so named, to distinguish it from other versions such as Four-card Poker and Crazy Four Poker.
Here’s everything you need to know about playing 2 card poker online!
· The main objective of the game is to settle all ante and bet wagers made by the player against the dealer.
· The game is played with a 52-card standard deck. The cards are ranked (from high to low) Ace, King, Queen, Jack, 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2. There are four suits namely, spades, hearts, diamonds and clubs - no suit is higher than another.
· Jokers and wildcards are excluded from the game.
· All players are required to make ante wagers i.e. bets prior to seeing the cards.
· All the players place their bets first. Each player to the left of the first player, in order, must either call that bet by putting into the pot the same number of chips or raise the best implying that the player wishes to put in more than enough chips to call.
· The dealer then deals 4 cards to each of the players present on the table.
· Once the player sees the cards, he/ she has the option of folding the cards if playing on seems like an unfavourable option.
· Otherwise, they may choose two cards out of the four and place a bet equal to the original ante bet made by the player.
· Also, the dealer must succeed with at least a Jack-High Flush to recompense both the ante and bet, otherwise, the only payoff that will be made is on the ante wager.
In order to ascertain one’s position in the game, knowing the hand ranking is important. The order is as follows -
1. A Pair (Two Aces is the highest and 2's are the lowest)
2. Two Card Straight Flush (Ace-King combination is the highest and 3-2 combination is the lowest)
3. Two Card Flush (Ace-Queen combination is highest and 4-2 combination is the lowest)
4. High Card
Please note: Non-flush straights are not recognised in 2 card poker.
· The player with the higher hand ranking cards wins.
· If the player and dealer have two flush cards, then the one with the highest single card wins (it pays to be lucky!).
· If two people have the same hand, the person with the higher cards wins.
· If there is a tie then it is considered a push (or a draw in layman terms).
Players have the option of making a bonus wager on their top two cards as well as on a combination of the dealer’s and player’s cards. The players who make these wagers are paid irrespective of whether the banker qualifies and notwithstanding the player winning the ante and bet wagers.
Though your poker game at your friend’s place is not as glamorized as a scene in your favorite movie, it is a lot of fun and a offers a great deal of excitement. So, what are you waiting for? Go ahead and call your friends and family for a fresh round of poker on GetMega! Download the Poker app today!